Pictou Landing First Nation is a Mi’kmaq community located on the south shore of the Northumberland Strait in Pictou County, Nova Scotia. The Band Membership has approximately 600 members, with about 440 who reside in the community. Pictou Landing’s combined land base is over 520 hectares comprised of 5 area tracts:
· Franklin Manor (co-owned with Paqtnkek First Nation) – 212.50 hectares
· Fisher’s Grant 24 (main reserve) – 142.70 hectares;
· Boat Harbour West – 98.20 hectares;
· Fisher’s Grant 24G – 60 hectares;
· Merigomish Harbour – 14.20 hectares.
The community has a church, a gas bar, a health center, a Primary to grade 6 elementary school, and a band administration office. Pictou Landing’s main industry is fishing, which employs close to 100 people (full/part time) each year with community/core licenses in lobster, rock crab, snow crab, mackerel, herring & tuna.